Author Topic: Please read the rules  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Pickwizard

• Trading Locksmith
  • SK Locksmiths owner
  • Administrator
  • UKLS Senior Member
  • The man behind the scenes
    • SK Locksmiths
Please read the rules
« on: 11 December, 2010, 17:30:51 »
Last edit: 26 July 2016

Please read the rules every so often as they may change without notice

0. Your First Post - your first post on the site should be in the new members section. Please do not post anywhere else until you introduce yourself - this is so that we can all get to know each other and welcome you properly into the community.

1. Destructive Entry - No destructive entry questions or discussions are permitted in an open forum, do not ask! This forum is purely a non destructive site dedicated to hobby lockpickers.

2. Vehicle Locks - Topics that include subject matter on vehicle locks (picking, bypassing or other  method) are not permitted on the open forum .... because

3. Safes and Safe Locks - Topics that include subject matter on safes or their locking mechanisms are not permitted on the open forum .... because

4. Bypass Techniques - Topics that include subject matter on lock bypass techniques (including combination locks) are not permitted on the open forum .... because

5. Locks in Use - We are a locksport site, please do not ask about or show the picking of locks which are in use or do not belong to you ..... because and because

6. Registration Agreement - All members are expected to abide by the Registration Agreement they agreed to when signing up to be a forum member.

7. Competitions - A member running the competition can make their own rules, but unless otherwise stated, a member needs to have at least 10 rep points to enter a competition.

8. External Links and sites - Members are allowed to post links to other sites, if they are relevant to the topic in question.
If a member wishes to post forum links to any other site a link back to this forum is necessary, and permission must be obtained from the forum Admin before hand.

You are not permitted to promote other sites or shops without prior permission from Admin, this includes videos, photos or posts.

9. Signatures - Links to other sites in signatures are not permitted without prior permission from the Admin.

10. Copyright - Links to copyrighted material or plagiarising of material outside the forum are not permitted.

11. Issue Resolution and Final Decision - If an issue or decision cannot be settled by PM discussion or mediation, then Admin members will make a final decision. Discussion of issues should be in private rather than in the open forum.

12. Downloaded Material - Members accept responsibility to scan any materials downloaded from the forum for malware. Admin can accept no responsibility for any damage in these cases.

13. Login - A member is allowed one login to this forum, any member with more than a single login will be warned and if that is ignored, they will be banned. If for some reason a second login is needed, please contact the Admin. No exceptions to this rule.

14. Login - Please remember you must be 18 or over to use this forum.

15. Selling - A member is only permitted to sell items on the forum, if they abide by the Selling Rules.

16. Private Messaging - Please do not send Private Messages to members with unsolicited or cold questions. Use the forum, that's what it's here for, plus it helps others with the same question.

17. Private Message Contents - While Private Messages allow members to communicate outside of the forum topics, please remember these communications are stored in the forums database, and they are accessible by administrators, if required by law or that illegal activities or infringement of the forum rules is strongly suspected.

18. Forum Chat - All members are welcome to participate in the Forum Chat. Access is given through requests here, once a member has introduced themselves. However, if a member is seen to participate in abuse, spam or disharmony, access will be immediately withdrawn.

19. Play Nice - Complaints of harassment, flaming or insulting behaviour towards a member, Mods or Admin members can result in a temporary or permanent ban. This also refers to members whose forum activities become persistently difficult to deal with and interferes with the harmony of the community or the duties of Mods or Admin. In short, play nice.

20. Hacking - Circumventing, attempting to circumvent, or facilitating circumvention of forum access levels or security measures can be grounds for an immediate ban without warning.

Please read the rules every so often as they may change without notice  ;)

Online waddac2

• Team Advertiser and UKLocksport Promoter
  • UKLS Senior Member
  • waddac2 Known As Rich
Re: Please read the rules
« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2010, 01:07:24 »
Nice one Wiz........ Yes guys all is welcome from Newbies, and all welcome from Pros

Or sould I Say Wiz, Forum is for all you guys trying, and getting better, so well done

If Helpin any way as A newbs, Pop A Post On As I have Been There, As Others Have

Offline jaydee

• UKLS Member
« Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2012, 13:10:53 »
Well now these are certainly rules one can live with.....
Lock picking is a lot like sex.... at first you just go in there and poke around a bit and hope for the best...after a while you are in there thinking you might actually know what you are doing....

Offline tommym87

• tommy
  • UKLS Member
  • would like to be a locksmith lol
« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2013, 01:19:12 »
sound very reasonable pickwizzard. and great forum mate.

Offline Hiding

• UKLS Member
  • I also go by the name John
« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2013, 22:43:37 »
 :goodpost:  :beer: I'm in for the long haul now.
"If you cant do it, give up" ~ Sigmund Freud

Offline caretaker

• UKLS Junior Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 April, 2014, 22:21:46 »
common sense rules,i was all letterbox tools&bumping,now i can pick locks thanks to this site,cheers!

Offline motorbiker

• UKLS Junior Member
« Reply #6 on: 11 May, 2014, 11:01:40 »
 :c017: YES BOSS  :72: im glad i red the rules agen to remmined my self befor giving tips on safes its onley whot i picked up from you tube eney way. I will keep seald on thows topiks thank you.  :s_cool: im glad i joined hear i enjoy are sport more with you giys. ytb

Offline LordDarcy

• UKLS Junior Member
  • Paul from Torquay
« Reply #7 on: 10 February, 2015, 21:01:53 »
 :c017:
Good rules. Thanks.

Offline zippo

• UKLS New Member
« Reply #8 on: 13 June, 2015, 15:58:51 »
rules is rules.....looking forward to learning something thanks

Offline Scurlock

• Likes Marmite
  • VIP Member
  • UKLS Member
  • David
« Reply #9 on: 14 June, 2015, 19:58:33 »
good rules

Offline coily

• UKLS New Member
« Reply #10 on: 18 June, 2015, 20:02:20 »
no 7   :hee20hee20hee:

Offline insecure

• Obsessed with robots
  • VIP Member
  • UKLS Dedicated Member
  • Pins and springs.
« Reply #11 on: 19 June, 2015, 20:44:07 »
no 7   :hee20hee20hee:

I actually like that rule, that would have been handy in my IRC OP days...
WARNING!!! the above post may contain sarcasm.
No offense intended.

Offline meme

• UKLS offical foreign git
  • VIP Member
  • UKLS Senior Member
  • * Mick *
« Reply #12 on: 19 June, 2015, 21:29:12 »
yep, agreed. No 7 is essential in any forum to avoid arguments.

One thing that is not mentioned is a rule stating the equivalent of "play nice" ie respect each other, don't be abusive, don't mention the war etc etc. I kind of like that since it implies that that sort of carry on doesn't go on here hence no need to legislate for it.

One thing I would do is to take out all the please's.
stop asking questions and get out the grinder - learning how to make picks comes from doing it and not from reading answers

Online Pickbeard 7721

• Senior Member but not that old!!
  • UKLS Team Member
  • UKLS Senior Member
  • *aka Beardy,Jamie,PB,Coyote*
« Reply #13 on: 19 June, 2015, 21:36:22 »
yep, agreed. No 7 is essential in any forum to avoid arguments.

One thing that is not mentioned is a rule stating the equivalent of "play nice" ie respect each other, don't be abusive, don't mention the war etc etc. I kind of like that since it implies that that sort of carry on doesn't go on here hence no need to legislate for it.

One thing I would do is to take out all the please's.

No7 ta da!!
Spelt it wrong so not infringing copy rights!! :85:
Plus you didn't say please remove the please's!! :08:( not very polite was it?! :hee20hee20hee:)
Will always be read if a bit of manners is added,plus shows what people are running the gaff if it's used( just my opinion,know one has to agree). :88:
  • Pick Beard 7721
May the pick be with you

Offline meme

• UKLS offical foreign git
  • VIP Member
  • UKLS Senior Member
  • * Mick *
« Reply #14 on: 19 June, 2015, 21:49:08 »
you didn't say ....
Reminds of when we used to play Simple Simon as kids - no rule or instruction was valid unless preceeded by Simple Simon says :)
stop asking questions and get out the grinder - learning how to make picks comes from doing it and not from reading answers