Thread bump, good information for all new members.
Last edit: 26 July 2016Please read the rules every so often as they may change without notice
0. Your First Post - your first post on the site should be in the new members section. Please do not post anywhere else until you introduce yourself - this is so that we can all get to know each other and welcome you properly into the community.
1. Destructive Entry - No destructive entry questions or discussions are permitted in an open forum, do not ask! This forum is purely a non destructive site dedicated to hobby lockpickers.
2. Vehicle Locks - Topics that include subject matter on vehicle locks (picking, bypassing or other method) are not permitted on the open forum .... because
3. Safes and Safe Locks - Topics that include subject matter on safes or their locking mechanisms are not permitted on the open forum .... because
4. Bypass Techniques - Topics that include subject matter on lock bypass techniques (including combination locks) are not permitted on the open forum .... because
5. Locks in Use - We are a locksport site, please do not ask about or show the picking of locks which are in use or do not belong to you ..... because and because
6. Registration Agreement - All members are expected to abide by the Registration Agreement they agreed to when signing up to be a forum member.
7. Competitions - A member running the competition can make their own rules, but unless otherwise stated, a member needs to have at least 10 rep points to enter a competition.
8. External Links - A member is allowed to post links to other sites, if they are relevant to the topic in question. If a member wishes to post forum links to any other site a link back to the forum is necessary, and permission must be obtained from the forum Admin
9. Signatures - Links to other sites in signatures are not permitted without prior permission from the Admin.
10. Copyright - Links to copyrighted material or plagiarising of material outside the forum are not permitted.
11. Issue Resolution and Final Decision - If an issue or decision cannot be settled by PM discussion or mediation, then Admin members will make a final decision. Discussion of issues should be in private rather than in the open forum.
12. Downloaded Material - Members accept responsibility to scan any materials downloaded from the forum for malware. Admin can accept no responsibility for any damage in these cases.
13. Login - A member is allowed one login to this forum, any member with more than a single login will be warned and if that is ignored, they will be banned. If for some reason a second login is needed, please contact the Admin. No exceptions to this rule.
14. Login - Please remember you must be 18 or over to use this forum.
15. Selling - A member is only permitted to sell items on the forum, if they abide by the Selling Rules.
16. Private Messaging - Please do not send Private Messages to members with unsolicited or cold questions. Use the forum, that's what it's here for, plus it helps others with the same question.
17. Private Message Contents - While Private Messages allow members to communicate outside of the forum topics, please remember these communications are stored in the forums database, and they are accessible by administrators, if required by law or that illegal activities or infringement of the forum rules is strongly suspected.
18. Forum Chat - All members are welcome to participate in the Forum Chat. Access is given through requests here, once a member has introduced themselves. However, if a member is seen to participate in abuse, spam or disharmony, access will be immediately withdrawn.
19. Play Nice - Complaints of harassment, flaming or insulting behaviour towards a member, Mods or Admin members can result in a temporary or permanent ban. This also refers to members whose forum activities become persistently difficult to deal with and interferes with the harmony of the community or the duties of Mods or Admin. In short, play nice.
20. Hacking - Circumventing, attempting to circumvent, or facilitating circumvention of forum access levels or security measures can be grounds for an immediate ban without warning.
Please read the rules every so often as they may change without notice ;)